1. Cables will be concealed where possible within the fabric of the building. These will be surface run where, in the opinion of the Company, this is impracticable.
2. When cables are concealed within the fabric of the building any making good would be carried out to the best of the operative’s ability. We cannot guarantee the finish to be that of a professional plasterer.
3. Lifting of carpets will be carried out by our engineers. While every care will be taken, we cannot accept responsibility for carpets replaced not as originally fitted.
4. It is the customer's responsibility to move all stock and/or any obstruction that may impede our engineers during installation works.
5. The customer is to advise A.D.ELECTRICS of the location of any concealed water, gas, electrical, telephone or other services prior to the commencement of the installation work. In the absence of such advice, A.D.ELECTRICS cannot accept any liability for damage to these services or consequential loss due to the aforementioned services being damaged.
6. Our prices are based on the assumption that work will be carried out as per the specification agreed between the customer and A.D.ELECTRICS. Variations to the specification, *abnormal working conditions or any other work found to be necessary at the time of installation may be subject to additional charges.
7. The customer is to advise A.D.ELECTRICS in writing of the location of any asbestos or asbestos type material that can be found on the premises. If the asbestos or a material suspected of being asbestos is found in areas other than where previously documented, A.D.ELECTRICS will have the right to request that samples of the material are tested in accordance with Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulation 1987 (2nd edition) at no cost to A.D.ELECTRICS
8. The customer is to advise A.D.ELECTRICS in writing of any Hazardous Substance being used or stored on the premises where there is a reasonable risk of A.D.ELECTRICS employees coming into contact with or being affected by such a substance. A.D.ELECTRICS must also be advised in writing of any precautionary measures they are required to take where such a substance will be encountered whilst carrying out the initial installation of any work thereafter. If specialist PPE is required for protection against the Hazardous Substances, this must be provided by the customer at no cost to A.D.ELECTRICS
9. Prior to any electrical works being carried the following regulation must be adhered to. - Reg: 131.8 (BS7671:2008) Additions and alterations to an installation. – No additions or alterations, temporary or permanent, shall be made to an existing installation unless it has been ascertained that the rating and the condition of the existing equipment, including that of the distributor, will be adequate for the altered circumstances. Furthermore, the earthing and bonding arrangements, if necessary for the protective measure applied for the safety of the addition or alteration should be adequate. Additional costs may be incurred to satisfy the requirement and A.D.Electrics accepts no responsibility for this. We will keep you informed of these additional costs and seek approval before continuing with the works.
10. Estimates are open for acceptance for a maximum period of 6 weeks from the estimate date.
11. In the event of a circuit fault being found on existing circuits when replacing consumer units or any other installation works; rectification of the faults cannot be absorbed and will be charged at our standard day rate or will be left isolated and safe.
*Abnormal working conditions are defined as at least one harmful factor in the working environment that exceeds the permissible limit values set by health and safety regulations (hygiene standards) and other occupational health and safety laws.